It's Hogmanay here and time to reflect on the year 2024. I don't make new year resolutions but set some open ended goals that I try to live by.
I named 2024 'My year of positive changes' and outlined 4 goals.
1. Live more frugally and simply - ✅yep, I'm definitely doing that. I no longer have the safety net of savings and now live on my pension of £772 a month and have majorly adjusted my lifestyle to do that.
2. Downsize my house - ✅yep, sold my big house and bought a small house.
3. Buy no unnecessary clothes or house items - ✅ I bought 2 dresses (both were reduced in a sale) for a wedding but no other clothes, not even underwear! But it does mean I'll need new knickers in 2025 at some point!!! House wise I think I spent wisely to ensure a quick sale of my old house. And in my new one, I've researched the best deals for my new kitchen appliances. I haven't bought anything else that wasn't DIY related. I've reused as many of my furnishings as I could.
4. Grow as much food as I can - ❌ Sadly this one was a fail as my allotment was basically abandoned due to the timing of the move and the fact that Luna just wasn't safe when we were there. I have made the decision to give up my plot in 2025 but I do have an alternative plan 😉
〰
An unexpected bonus of 2024 was that I started a YouTube channel. It become monetised within 3 and a half weeks and I can now call it my part time job. Money earned will be going into my emergency/savings fund starting in January plus I can regularly donate money to good causes.
All in all I do think 2024 was a year of positive change for me and I hope 2025 continues to be as positive 💕
.png)
Yes, 2024 seems to have been a very positive year for you. Congratulations on the success of your channel, it has grown very quickly and very nicely.
ReplyDeleteAll the very best for the New Year. xx
Thanks! It's grown beyond my initial expectations and I actually enjoy it especially now I'm treating like a wee part time job. Happy New Year to you and yours! :-) xxx
DeleteA very successful year for you! Happy 2025, Ali
ReplyDeleteThanks! Happy New Year to you too :-) xxx
DeleteYou have had an amazing 2024 and I admire all that you have achieved. I hope 2025 brings you joy in all that you do. Happy 2025 and I look forward to seeing what other jobs you do in the house on a small budget. Catriona
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Catriona! I have big plans on a teeny budget for the house and garden. Happy New Year to you yours! :-) xxx
Deleteyou've done so well, i hope you have a great 2025, i really enjoy your blog and you tube posts, from Julie xx
ReplyDeleteThanks! Happy New Year to you :-) xxx
DeleteWell girl you smashed 2024 good and proper!! Just wishing you and Luna an incredible New Year 🥂. Keep on doing what you are doing (cue for a song) so very well and enjoy the journey. Love from Jan in Castle Gresley x
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am enjoying the journey so far. Happy New Year to you :-) xxx
DeleteI really do love your channel. Just so straight forward and honest. I hope 2025 is a wonderful year for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Sounds like a successful 2024. I have a lot of the same plans. Like clothes. During my work in the hospital I wore scrubs for 35 years lol which is a lot like wearing pajamas. Then I came home to put on my frumpy house clothes. Now that I am retired I only go out for grocery shopping occasionally, luckily my husband does most of it lol I have basic clothes that will fit any occasion. I’m lost on latest fads and trends. I did get new knickers for Christmas so I think I’m set lol.
ReplyDeleteI do want to blog more, I have a lot to learn which is good to challenge ourselves I think, keeps the gray matter of the brain active. Feel free to visit my sparse blog and watch it grow and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I plan on watching my health more closely. I have been retired for 5 months and I have been eating like a 10 year old lol. Lots of processed junk. I don’t drink alcohol or smoke, my drug of choice is Dr Pepper which is nothing but sugar. So stopping that cold turkey in 9 minutes because it will officially be midnight. Happiest of New Years I pray your year ahead is full of more success, blessings and much happiness.
PS. We are having a low spend January. Basic healthy groceries, but no extra junk or overly processed crap!