Wednesday, October 30, 2024

Eating from the storecupboard: lamb burger hash

 

In my continuing effort to feed myself from the storecupboard/fridge/freezer, today's meal was using up the lamb burgers I got free from the community waste shop ages ago and some cooked potatoes.  A hash seemed a good idea!  The above quantities made 2 main meals.

I broke up one of the burgers into rough pieces and put them in my wok.  I use my wok for just about everything, not just stir fries!  No oil needed as they produced their own fat!

Once they were nicely browned/carmelised I added the chopped potatoes.  I fried them until they were browned too.

I tossed in some steamed broccoli and the hash was done.  It was really good.  I'd never buy burgers but they were free to me.  And as they were M&S ones they were a good quality.  I'm not keen on a burger in a roll so this was a good way to use them up.

I believe a hash usually has a potato and onion base but I used my last onion to make a soup.  I eat a lot of these style of meals as it's all done in one pot, or wok in this case! 😋

2 comments:

  1. That looks scrummy! I have been known to break up burgers before now to make into a kind of cottage or shepherd's pie. No one who ate it was any the wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, it looks delicious. I’m not a burger fan either. If I have any which is fare I crumble them up to make shepherds pie.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.