Here's the recipe for the soup I made today.
Ingredients:
25g butter
25g flour
300ml milk (I used Marvel)
approx 500ml vegetable stock
about 400g of grated root veggies
Add butter and onion to pan and gently sauté.
Add flour and stir, then add milk and whisk.
Heat until thickened to look like a white sauce.
Add vegetable stock slowly and stir.
Add grated veggies.
Simmer for 10 mins and stir regularly to stop it catching on the bottom of the pan.
It really is that quick and easy!

For us who make soup it is so easy. but lots of people find it hard. Great video simple and easy hopefully more people will tackle making soup as it is cheap stops waste and full of nutrients.
ReplyDeleteWow, I've never heard of that. What a brilliant frugal meal to have in your repertoire. I was going to say 'up your sleeve' ... but that would be messy. ;-)
ReplyDeleteSomeone has just commented on the video that they learned this recipe at school too so it much have been a curriculum staple in the late 70s in Scotland! :-) xxx
DeleteAgree soup is an easy economical meal. I make one similar but add half a cup red lentils to thicken it instead of the sauce.
ReplyDeleteGreat video. When using potatoes, carrots and onion we call that potato soup in my part of the US. Your recipe made me think out of the box regarding all the root vegetables that could be used if don’t have potatoes. The soup looks delicious 😋.
ReplyDeleteHi Ali, I'm going to give this a go. Thanks for posting the recipe :)
ReplyDelete