Friday, October 11, 2024

Fajita spice mix recipe

 

In today's video I mentioned that I make my own fajita spice mix.  Here's my recipe but you can adjust the amounts to suit your own taste.

  • 1 tsp chilli flakes
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic granules
  • 1/2 tsp mixed herbs (or any dried herb)
  • 1/2 tsp salt (less if preferred)

I mix up a big batch and keep it in a jar. It can be used as a dry rub or mixed with lemon or lime juice into a paste.  Good with chicken, beef, peppers and onions! 😋

Here's my pull out spice rack.  If I pull it out too far the whole thing tips out!! 😂

I sometimes buy the larger packets of spices in the World foods section of the supermarket as it works out cheaper and just top up the wee jars.  It depends on how often you use a spice to work out if it's worth buying a larger amount.  It doesn't save money if you end up throwing it out as it's lost flavour cos you've had it for years! 

And here's the lasagne fresh out the oven ready for eating!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ali, I'll give that a try, with less chilli and cayenne - sadly my innards can't take too much heat these days. I have mostly Sainsbury's spice jars too. Great having the lids labelled as well as the sides. And fully reusable and /or recyclable. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasagne looks delicious Ali. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go into Glasgow every couple of years on bus pass to an ethnic shop and stock up on spices.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.