Friday, November 15, 2024

The easiest banana bread ever!

 

This morning's YT video showed how I make butter.  I used some of that butter and some of my free Lidl bananas to make banana bread.  This is based on a Mary Berry recipe and it's the simplest recipe I've used.

I doubled the recipe to make 2 loaves but the recipe ingredients below are for one!

  • 100g butter at room temp
  • 175g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 225g SR flour 
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp buttermilk
Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix/whisk/beat for 2 minutes until smooth.


Pour into a lined 2lb loaf tin and bake for 45 mins at 170C.  Test the middle with a skewer or similar to check it's baked all the way through.  If not, return to the oven covered with foil for another 10 to 15 mins until the middle is cooked.


Once these are cool I'll slice and freeze most of them.  Doubling the recipe worked well and filled the oven 😋

4 comments:

  1. I recently made gingercake which is similarly easy. You melt butter, brown sugar, syrup and molasses in a saucepan and add the flour and egg. One pot and one loaf pan = easy cleanup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it even simpler, just weigh the eggs and then add the same weight of the flour, sugar and butter, I only had one over-ripe banana this week so I added a lot more walnuts than usual. Gosh it was crunchy ... but delicious. :-)

    Oh and I've also started using the mix in muffin cake cases, they cook a lot quicker and I like having the crunchy top to cake ratio this way. They do take up a lot more space in the freezer though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds nice and easy, do you have the recipe please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doubling recipes, fills the oven and means I don't have to bake as often. Your banana bread looks wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.