Thursday, March 27, 2025

Easy yoghurt cake

 

Ok it's not the prettiest cake I've ever made but oh my goodness, it's delicious!  As you can see it's half eaten already!!

I had a lot of Greek yoghurt to use up so I googled 'yoghurt cake' and THIS RECIPE popped up.  It's ridiculously easy to make BUT I only had 1 egg.  I knew you can sub bananas for eggs so I used 2 very ripe bananas and 1 egg instead of the 3 eggs.

And obviously I baked mine in a loaf tin as I don't have a round cake tin.  I quite often make cakes in a loaf tin as they're easy to cut and freeze.

My version of Easy Yoghurt Cake:

  • 1 egg
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 120ml rapeseed oil
  • 125g full fat Greek yoghurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 180g plain flour
  • 180g sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt

1. Mix the egg, bananas, oil, yoghurt and vanilla in a large bowl.

2. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well mixed.

3. Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 30 mins at 170C fan.

4. Check for doneness by testing the middle with a skewer and it comes out clean.

5.  Cool on a rack before cutting.

Obviously it tastes banana-y but it has a softer texture than banana bread.

I'll definitely be making this again!! 😋

7 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy. I will definitely give it a try as I always have plain yogurt on hand. Thanks, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoghurt cake/muffins and what a great idea to use the bananas instead if eggs. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks yummy and what a great way to use up what you need to.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing - definitely going to have a go at some point. I do have a couple of bananas slowly softening right now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this recipe and all your info Ali…I think I might have a try and add lemon…I suppose zest and a little juice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks scrummy. You probably already know, but you can use ground flax seed or chia seeds as substitutes for egg as well. I've done it a few times when I've misremembered a recipe and realised I haven't enough eggs.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.