Today I made a very simple chicken curry using the yellow sticker chicken my DIL got me. I chopped the 2 small breasts into chunks and sprinkled some garlic granules, mixed herbs and a pinch of salt over them. This amount of chicken will feed me for 3 meals.
I sautéed them in a little oil for a few minutes until just cooked then removed them from the pan.
I mixed 3 tsp of garam masala, 1 tsp each coriander, cumin and turmeric plus 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
I fried the spices (carefully to avoid burning) in 1 tsp oil in the same pan.
I added my last portion of tomato and veg sauce from the freezer and about a cup of water. I simmered it for about 10 mins.
I added back a third of the cooked chicken and simmered until piping hot. It wasn't too spicy so I only added a little of the coconut cream my DIL also got me.
I served it with one of the naans/flatbread I made at the weekend. It was really good and so quick to make! I've now got an opened carton of coconut cream to use up in the next few days!







I’m pretty sure you can freeze the coconut milk
ReplyDeleteThat looks so good. I am also sur you can freeze the coconut milk.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.