Monday, October 14, 2024

Photos from house tour part 2

 

I was talking in today's video about using what you already have to decorate your home.  The beauty of downsizing means I can cherry pick the good stuff I brought with me and save lots of money by shopping from home.  

Here's my terracotta tiled bathroom in all it's glory!!  Shower curtain is this one HERE.

In my bedroom, the picture in the middle came from my gran's house.  I'm using it as the inspiration to re decorate my bedroom.  It's a well known print from the 1940s/50s by an artist called Edwin Byatt. The painting is called Anemones.  In real life the pink/purple colours are very pretty and strong.

The label on the back has the price in pencil (top left) of £3 and 14 shillings! I think my uncle bought this for my Gran in the 1960s.  He bought her a lot of really nice ornaments, vases and knick-knacks!

The other 2 pictures are by Tambo Design in Falkirk.  CLICK HERE for more details on what they do.  We once bought a brand new showhouse with all the furniture and artwork included.  That's why I have a lot of nice art pieces.

I'm going to use these old sheet music pages to re create THIS wallpaper from Woodchip & Magnolia.  My version is free, theirs is £110 a roll but it's beautiful!  They have a lot of really lovely designs 😍

It's starting to come together nicely and costing nothing so far!

Pink blanket from Amazon HERE

10 comments:

  1. Hi, your bathroom tiles are fantastic. Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is coming along well. The shower curtain is pretty and adds colour to the terracotta bathroom 😀 Thank you for adding the link to the pink blanket, two may have slipped into my Amazon basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plans for your bedroom, Ali. In similar vein to using the music sheets, I'll be using old Ordinance Survey maps on one wall in my guest bedroom. The other walls are all fine, but a door is getting blocked off on that wall, and I have loads of old maps, with great memories attached to them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had terracotta tiles like that in our fireplace-they are a very strong colour and you have done a good job of muting them with the lovely shower curtain. Love the idea of the music-it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find nowadays. At R:evolve, where I volunteer, some of the walls are papered with vintage dressmaking patterns. Your bedroom looks very calm and cosy which is what I always aim for. Love your quilt-did your Mum make that one? Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a terrific job decorating your home. I love the purple quilt. How are you planning to affix the sheet music to your walls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't mind the bathroom tile color. You could use all neutrals (white, cream, black) for a clean simple look or make it magical and moody with deep purples, browns and/or greens. The swirls in the tile kind of remind me of swirling sands to maybe a ocean/ beachy vibe with softer blues and green? Idk, it's probably best to live with it for a while to see how you want to go.
    And your wallpaper dupe idea is genius! Going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to see your projects. Love seeing Luna 😊🐾❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done very well decorating your home. I will need to bookmark your new blog and change my sidebar.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed your blog for years and will continue to follow you on your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for directing me to your blog… I can see that I will now be spending a LOT of time catching up! x

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.