Sunday, November 3, 2024

Eating from the storecupboard: Sunday lunch

 


I'm still eating from the storecupboard/fridge/freezer and using up 'stuff' that's in there.  Today I made a Sunday lunch with a chopped up baked potato fried in the wok, some cooked chicken, cauliflower and cheese sauce from the freezer and the last of the gravy granules from the storecupboard.  Ok the gravy was lamb based but gravy is gravy!!  The cauliflower was the end of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli so there were a few wee bits of the green stuff in there too.  I can't even remember when I made the cheese sauce, I didn't date it.  Pity I didn't have any Yorkshire puddings or it would have been the perfect meal.

I have to say it was absolutely delicious and made in 10 mins!! 😋

2 comments:

  1. I love how you can put together a nutritious meal out of leftovers! My lunch today was the last of this week's soup and grilled cheese. Must get the soup pot out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s my kind of meal.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.