I made a completely from scratch vegetable curry with spinach, potato and chickpeas for my Foodie Friday vlog to show how I use my curry paste. I also made some naan/flatbreads from THIS RECIPE and took some of my home made mango chutney from the freezer. Recipe HERE.
I worked out that if I got a similar takeaway from my favourite local Indian restaurant it would cost me £12.49 for a vegetable curry (£8.99) plain naan (£2.50) and a portion of mango chutney (£1) and that excludes delivery or fuel costs to collect it!
Everything I used was a freezer or storecupboard staple.
My version:
- Curry paste 28p
- Onion (1/3) 10p
- Frozen spinach (180g) 21p
- Chickpeas (1/3 of a can) 18p
- Potatoes (1/2 of a can) 40p
- Coconut cream (1/3 carton) 20p
.png)
Good grief, do they really charge that much for mango chutney! I had no idea that my homemade was worth so much!
ReplyDeleteYep and and it comes in a wee tub with about 2 spoons worth in it! Now I've made my own I'll never go back to buying it :-) xxx
DeleteSounds delicious - and economical too. Bonus!
ReplyDeleteSounds absolutely lovely - now I am looking forward to watching the video. Thanks, Ali. xx
ReplyDeleteThat sounds and looks absolutely gorgeous, I would have to have it with lots of rice as I'm a bit of a rice fiend, so that sized portion would easily do me at least four meals. So much money saved too, £1 for mango chutney WOW!!
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful and like Sue I would probably serve it with rice and make 2 meals each for Harvey and I.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I tried your Naan recipe yesterday and it worked a treat! Thanks.
ReplyDelete