Sunday, March 9, 2025

Easy microwave sponge pudding

 

Even though the sun is shining brightly today, I felt the need for a comfort pudding.  And what's better than a sponge pudding made in the microwave in 5 minutes? 

I didn't have any jam so I opened a jar of mincemeat from the storecupboard I got reduced in January to 26p!!

Ingredients:

  • 120g unsalted butter or spread
  • 120g sugar (caster is best but granulated worked)
  • 120g self raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • about 150g jam or mincemeat

Method:

Grease a 2 pint/1 litre pudding bowl with some butter.

Put jam/mincemeat in the base.

Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy in mixer.

Keep the mixer running and add beaten eggs and vanilla a bit at time with a spoonful of flour to prevent curdling.

Fold in remaining flour and mix well.

Pour mixture over jam/mincemeat and smooth the top.

Cook in microwave on full power for 5 mins. Leave to stand for 1 minute.  Check sponge is cooked in the middle.

Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.  It's that simple and very yummy!!

6 comments:

  1. I love a sponge pudding I might one for after my tea now. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, use this basic recipe a lot. There is a lovely recipe on the BBC Food site for 'Microwave Banana Pudding' that is a firm favourite, worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds absolutely yummy, so it's really a basic Victoria sponge mix but done in the microwave, what a good idea! I might give that a go myself, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious and so easy. Must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a very easy recipe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but will be moderated first. Abusive messages will be deleted without a moment's hesitation as will any spam. This is a supportive community and trolling will not be tolerated.